Wow, life is good!
I have been having a blast in my foster home. I really love my foster sister and brother. They are great and so much fun to play with. We spend most of the day wrestling and running around. We do take short naps here and there, but I have lots of energy to burn off so I much rather play!
I really enjoy playing fetch. My foster mom throws the tennis ball and I run after it. I figured out that if I bring it back to her, then she'll throw it and I can chase it down again. We have so many tennis balls here because I hear that they are Cali's favorite toy. They are scattered all over the backyard. I desperately try to fit all of them into my mouth at the same time, but I can't figure out how. I know my mouth is big enough for more than one, so I am still trying, but no luck yet. I am also still trying to figure out this thing called gravity. My foster mom throws the ball up in the air for me to catch it, but my timing is VERY off. The ball goes up, I open my mouth and jump into the air with my eyes closed, then the ball hits me in the face or bounces on the ground and rolls away. She says it's very funny to watch, but I just don't understand why it doesn't land in my big mouth.
I am a very goofy boy, but I'm also very quiet. After 2 weeks, I still haven't barked at all. I will whine and cry a little when my foster mom leaves and I have to stay in my crate, but after awhile, I go to sleep.
I really enjoy treats and we are working on me taking them nicely. They are so yummy, sometimes I forget that I shouldn’t bite people's hands off when taking them. We are also working on some commands like sit, wait, and stay. They are a work in progress.
I ride very well in the car and settle down on the backseat immediately. I don’t feel the need to watch out the window, like Cali does. I just sit quietly until we get where we are going. But when my foster mom opens the car door, I try to jump right out. This is where the "wait" command comes in. She says it's not safe to just jump out, so I need to wait until she can grab my leash and make sure it's safe to get out.
My ideal home would be one where I can get lots of attention. I love to be petted, and sometimes I'll even curl up on your lap to cuddle. I also LOVE to play and I have lots of energy. So I need a forever family that is willing to exercise me hard everyday, both physically and mentally. I am still very puppy like and I like to romp around, wrestle, and play. I also would enjoy a big, fenced in backyard. I am currently respecting 6ft privacy fencing, and love spending time out in the yard sniffing around and laying in the sun.
If my foster mom could describe me in a few short words, she would say I am goofy, silly, loveable, energetic, puppy-like, handsome, and fun.
Love, Dylan

How is D doing these days? Does he have a forever home? We are a couple in Brooklyn near several large parks with dog paddocks for big and small. One of us has dog experience but both have a passion for getting one and rescued pups are just a great way to do it. Especially with great foster programs that get to know them (and even write blogs!) So kudos to you and is D still available? Thanks. alexander@alexanderrea.com
ReplyDelete